Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde exhausts available for KTM Models
The electronically adjustable sound of the Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde exhaust systems are from now on also available for KTM enthusiasts. The two cylinder models for the Austrian brands will be the first to receive the option to switch between three different sound modes at the touch of a button, and thanks to the incorporation of the canbus ready Smartbox control unit the system will operate 100% legal, complying with the strict Euro4 norm in all sound modes.
Nomad XL and Nomad Sport Exhaust body
The Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde exhaust systems are available for all KTM models from the Adventure and Superduke family. For the 1090 and 1290 Adventure models the Nomad XL exhaust body is used, and for the 1290 Superduke R and Superduke GT the slightly shorter Nomad Sport exhaust body is used to add to the more squat approach of these models.
Despite the size difference both exhaust bodies work in a similar way: the Smartbox operated Smart Valve situated inside the muffler will allow riders to switch from the closed Travel mode to a 50% open Dynamic mode to the 100% open Performance mode. Both mufflers are designed to redirect exhaust gasses in the closed and half open mode rather than blocking them, making sure the exhaust contributes to healthy breathing of the engine.
It’s a kind of magic
The Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde exhaust systems specifically developed for KTM motorcycles come with a Smartbox control unit that communicates directly with the motorcycle’s ECU. This means the Smart Valve inside the exhaust muffler can be adjusted manually at the touch of a button without ever being non-compliant with parameters set by law. Thanks to the optimal algorithm of the Smartbox control unit being overruled is practically non-existent, allowing for a smooth ride both in throttle response as well as in peace of mind knowing you are always riding on the safe side of the law.
Three sounds, two colors
The Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde electronically adjustable exhaust system offers three different sound levels.
- Travel mode: in this mode the exhaust valve is completely closed. This brings the sound level even below the stock sound level, ideal for mile-munching rides in peace and to enter or leave silent premises.
- Dynamic mode: in this mode the exhaust valve is 50% open. The sound level is similar to stock, but the tone is more profound. Perfect when looking for the right tone at a lower volume.
- Performance mode: in this mode the exhaust valve is completely open. This not only ensures a deep dark rumble suitable to the Mr. Hyde side of the exhaust, but it also promotes exhaust gasses to flow optimally, contributing to the punch you want from your ride.
With three options in terms of acoustics, there are also two options in terms of aesthetics. Depending on the rider’s preference, the Nomad exhaust bodies are available in carbonsteel and a wrinkle black finish.
Earlier KTM models available
Aside from the 2017 Euro4 KTM models there is a Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde exhaust system available for KTM motorcycles from 2014. These models, compliant with the then valid Euro3 legislations, will make use of the same Nomad XL and Nomad Sport exhaust bodies while being programmed with Euro3 software.
Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde offers fully legal exhaust systems for:
- 1050 Adventure 2015 up
- 1090 Adventure 2017 up
- 1190 Adventure 2013 up
- 1290 Super Adventure 2014 up
- 1290 Super Duke R(SE) 2014 up
- 1290 Super Duke GT 2016 up
Hear it with your own ears
Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde exhaust systems are available through official KTM dealers. Here you can experience the unique multiple sound of our Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde exhaust system with your own ears.